Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Big 05

Owen decorated his own cake...
(with the help of Drew & Porter)
...including the approximately 30 candles

That Halloween candy from trunk or treat
the night before came in handy.

I was so glad I remembered this
birthday cake decorating tradition because...

First he wanted another puffer cake
like the one my mom made last year.
That wasn't going to happen.

Then he wanted Pikachu.
I was trying to figure out how to do that...

When I remembered the tradition!

Can it be called a tradition if we had only done it once before?
'06

And it's not a cop-out!
Owen likes it and he's saving himself from one stressed out mom.

Earlier in the day...

Owen got to be in the Primary Program.

If you called to wish him a happy day,
you most likely heard him randomly say his part,
"Jesus Christ is my Savior."

SO anxious to get home after church for presents...


Favorite birthday quotes:

"I'm listening (i.e. obeying) cause I'm 5 now."

"I don't want to wear my new underwear
cause I don't want to get them dirty."

Do you like how he got undies as a gift?
Hey he needed them, and it was one more thing for him to unwrap.
And he obviously thinks they're special.

He was one happy, helpful, fun kid all day.

9 comments:

Krissie said...

I'm glad Owen had a great birthday and got to unwrap special undies..every kid needs one of them!

Lindsay Riggs said...

That cake is great!

Jessica Crozier said...

Love the cake idea! Um, and I see you have Wii? Wii too have fallen into that morsel of fun and love it!!

Jessica said...

Happy Late Birthday Owen!

Da Ilaoa's said...

Are the boys playing wii? I have just adopted your tradition of the kids decorating their cake! Sally is so stinking cute, I think anywhere with her is a happy place...I'm glad you leave Drew in the middle of a corn maze as a marking post if you get lost....don't worry about posting the tag part...but if you say its all the same just switch football for soccer, does that mean you switch people too and we don't know if Aaron or Justin kissed eachother first.......

Sara Hollobaugh said...

I can't believe he is 5 already. I think the cake tradition is a great idea. I might steal it when Payten is old enough to appreciate it!! Happy birthday OWEN!

Aric and Sally said...

I love
a)that he decorated his own cake
b)that it reminds me of a battleship game
c)The cute candles (there are way more than 5)
d)that he is in the garage.

Rochel said...

Such a cutie! AND HECK YAH girl, it can be a tradition even if you've only done it once! That's how we start 'em!

Ashley said...

He looks like a little Justin. Time sure does fly, I can't believe he is already five. Happy Birthday Owen you little cutie.