Saturday, October 20, 2007

Justin in Iraq

Justin emailed me pictures today (a rare event). And it made me happy! This one is my favorite.

Reasons I like this picture:

1. The "war stache." The mustache is a joke, I promise. I don't like it but it made me laugh. I'm pretty sure it's gone by now.

2. The air fresheners (I think?) stuck to the wall.

3. Owen's double blanket (this blanket has now been to Iraq twice - Owen sleeps with the exact same one).

4. Drew's shirt (we don't have a double of his blankie)

5. The family pictures on the wall. He loves us :)

We've almost made it to 3 months!

8 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

wow 3 months...gosh that is sad and happy/ he looks great though! Hang in there!

KatieJ said...

Hee hee- I love the "war stache" and that it's gone before you see it in real life! The blankie and pictures are cute! CRAZY! You guys are awesome.

Lindsay Riggs said...

I bet you LOVE getting pics from him! He looks serious with the stache!

Krissie said...

Hee Hee...you already have way more pictures of Justin in Iraq than I ever did of David while he was their. He would demand me to send him pictures and I would ask for one and he always told me I was being to demanding. Haa Haa! It is so good the time is pasing by quickly also. Pretty soon you will have already reached he hump of him being their longer than being home. I'm so happy for that! We are just way sad we won't be here when you get back. Do you know when you are moving to CA? We will be in Santa Cruz the first or second week of July (or atleast I will be).

Becky said...

That is so cute that he took little mementos with him from the boys. :) really cute! And the air fresheners on the wall is SO funny! :)

bkbills said...

Shauna, I'm so glad three months are over and his time gone is getting shorter. I JUST found out from Katie that you are here in town for a long time. I want to get together! You have little boys, I have little boys, I'm thinking...playdate? (Hate that term). Let me know!

sara said...

How nice to get pictures. I love the 'reasons why' list. Very sweet! Hang in there! I'm sure it's nice to be surrounded by family and friends right now!

Katie said...

What a hot hubby you have! Even with the stache!