Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Day In The Life


After the longest day of my life... we made it! On the last flight an old man told me I deserved a gold star. I agreed. And yes we had TWO layovers... frequent flyer flights are free but selection is slim.


Notes for next time:

Blow Pops are not the same as Ring Pops.

Bring Justin (I missed him a lot the whole day but especially when I couldn't figure out how to hook up the portable DVD player).

Save the Triaminic for the longest flight.

These Tadoodle thingies are a hoax! Notice the packaging says caps aren't needed. That's not true. They leaked all over my backpack. And Drew pressed on the tip which made a big green puddle of ink.
Crying gets sympathy (from Owen and the stewardess). I wasn't crying FOR sympathy, just totally worn out and couldn't handle the flight attendant telling me I couldn't change Drew's diaper cause of turbulence. Now I think it's funny.

Anyway, one lousy day for lots of future great days is totally worth it! So I'm done complaining and just excited to be here!

And there was some good... there were a lot of helpful people and we had our own row all 3 flights! (I only bought 2 tickets)

14 comments:

Katie said...

I couldn't imagine flying with 2 kids all by myself! Glad you made it here safe! Are you going to our reunion?

sara said...

You deserve a lot more than a gold star girlie!!
phew. You have me breathing deep breaths right now! :)
Gotta love getting a whole row on ALL flights - can't beat that!!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

good for you! That would be SOOO hard. Are you coming to the reunion??

Katie said...

You are so sweet! Thank you. But yes, to me it is weird cuz I don't think that everytime I see me. :)
It is the Wright's cabin. Jenee reserved a weekend for the Prince side to go relax for a weekend. She's so great!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

oh okay you got me on that one. I teared up...knowing and remembering what it is like to travel alone. You deserve a big hug. Just wish i was there to give it to ya! Have a blast and take lots of pictures! And absolutely let your family and friends spoil you! love ya!

Krissie said...

I'm so glad you made it safely! I'm sad though because now I won't see you very often. Our big news right now is that David got his orders on Tuesday (the day you left!) and we are moving to Abulquerque in December, so most definantely have to get together somewhere before you go back to North Carolina. I hope you are having lots of fun and I will talk to you soon!

Ginger John said...

Yeah! You made it. Good job. When I have to do the "Kid travel" It reminds me how NICE some people are and how grumpy people other people are :) Glad you made it one peice.

Lindsay Riggs said...

You are brave! I'm sure you are so relieved just to be here! I'm sure we'll see you soon :)

Becky said...

YAH! your here! let the party begin ladies! :) Cant wait to see you on tuesday!

bubblegumandlipgloss said...

sometimes the worst days turn out to be the best stories....and the ones you laugh about the most later. glad you made it! i'm sure there's lots of fun to be had now that you're there.

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Wow. Congratulations on making it. That sounds like quite a quest.

brentanderrin said...

YEAH!!! THIS MEANS LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE YOU ARE HERE AND OWEN CAN TRY TO GET THOSE PUFFER FISH!!!

Malissa said...

Wow, you are brave! I don't travel without help...and when I say don't, I mean can't....you're amazing!!

KatieJ said...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound and yes you do deserve much more than a gold star- a facial! Travelling with kids is hard enough with help, you are tough to do it alone!