Monday, October 08, 2007

Broccoli Chicken Nuggets


K I'm not a diehard fan anymore but I checked out Oprah today and it was a good one! Jessica Seinfeld was on talking about her new cookbook Deceptively Delicious. Did anyone see it? I totally want to get it. It's all about using veggie purees in your cooking to help get kids to eat more healthy. A bunch of her recipes can be found on Oprah's Website. Oprah loved the brownies and the chicken nuggets (among other things). The chicken nuggets were dipped in egg, puree and flax seed - so good for you.



Yesterday my mom prepared veggie and fruit trays for us to munch on during conference and Owen (the pickiest eater ever) was eating celery! It gives me hope.

7 comments:

Malissa said...

Oh my gosh! I watched this today, and I'm on my way to buy the book!! I think it is amazing and worth a try!! I'll try anything to get veggies in our bodies!! Good luck with yours!!

Lindsay Riggs said...

Very cool!!

stephanie said...

i saw her on oprah and was totally sold, too! i am so getting that book.

Katie said...

I missed it! I've missed Oprah for about the last year and a half though! I'll have to check out her website. I love new ideas!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

awesome idea!

KatieJ said...

Hmm, sounds more complicated than dumping the Costco dino chicken nuggets on the pan and tossing them in the oven, but we definately can use more veggies- I will have to check out that cookbook!

Jessica Crozier said...

Hi Shauna, I'm an old friend of Justin and Ana's (Justin told me about your blog...love it!). I picked up the cookbook yesterday. If Oprah's not lying, and the recipes are as great as this book, then it's a winner. So apparently I just have to go buy vegetables now! Would love to chat if you'd like to email. jessicaandbrett@cox.net
Best,
Jessica Crozier