Tuesday, February 13, 2007

5 Nice Things

I was down on my city yesterday so I'm going to say 5 nice things about it, things that I'll miss when I live someplace else:

1. Picking fresh strawberries and blueberies at local produce farms
(right about now I wish we picked a lot more blueberries to freeze - those look good!)
(August 9, 2006 - Like that wide-open shirt collar?)

2. The Patriotism
Not that I'm super patriotic, but that first Independence Day we were here and watched the fireworks on base was pretty cool. I have to admit I felt pretty proud of Justin and proud to be an American. Another time I felt that same patriotism was when we went to New Bern and listened to the Marine Corps Band play on the back lawn of Tryon Palace.
I LOVE the gardens at that place.
(May 16, 2006)

3. No "keeping up with the Joneses"

4. Many waterways - I love looking out at water as I'm driving

4. THE BEACH
(May 29, 2006)

Wow. I really didn't think I'd be able to come up with 5. And I even thought of more... like all the military perks (tons of free activities), all the cool nearby places we get to see, and the cost of living (very affordable, especially for being so close to the beach). Cool! I feel better.

1 comment:

KatieJ said...

It sounds like a GREAT place to live! Really! Although I am a little spoiled with the nice grocery stores- I won't take them for granted anymore.