Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Max

No, not my nephew Max. Max - who is in our ward here. Monday night we went to his 8th birthday party and it was so cool! Monday also happens to be Elvis' birthday so it was themed around The Million Dollar Quartet (I learned that is Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, and Jerry Lee Lewis). After pizza we all (about 6 different families) had to perform a song by one of them. Most everyone did Johnny Cash. We're so not familiar with his music but love it now. I chose "Superstitious Lies" by Elvis. I butchered it cause I wasn't prepared enough and very nervous. Justin did a little riff on his jaw harp. And most everyone else sang while Bishop accompanied on the guitar. He is SO good - plays by ear and used to be in a local bluegrass band. On our way out he offered to help Justin and I learn. That made us both so excited. We'll see if it happens!

No comments: